USDA Loan Durango, Colorado
Durango, Colorado USDA Rural Housing Loans
The City of Durango is a Home Rule Municipality that is the county seat and the most populous city of La Plata County, Colorado, United States. ( http://www.city-data.com/city/Durango-Colorado.html )
The town was organized in September 1881 by the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad (D&RG) to serve the San Juan mining district. The D&RG choose a site south of Animas City for its depot after Animas City refused to pay a dowry to the D&RG. The city is named after Durango, Mexico, which was named after Durango, Spain. The word Durango originates from the Basque word "urango" meaning "water town".
Durango-Colorado provides year-round activities:
- Animas River Valley - Durango is nestled in the Animas River Valley surrounded by the San Juan Mountains.
- The Animas River - El Rio de las Animas (River of Souls) - runs through downtown and boasts gold medal fly fishing waters, and is popular for whitewater rafting, kayaking and canoeing. Durango is also popular for outdoor activities like hiking, mountain biking, road biking, backpacking, rock climbing, hunting, off-roading, year-round fishing, kayaking and golfing.
- Durango Mountain Resort - Durango is near five major ski areas, including Purgatory at Durango Mountain Resort, located twenty-five minutes north of downtown.
- Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad - Durango is most known for the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, a heritage railway, which travels from Durango to the historic mining town of Silverton, Colorado on steam-powered trains with rolling stock dating back to the 1920s and before.
- Mountain Bike World Championships - Durango hosted the first-ever Mountain Bike World Championships in 1990.
- Snowdown Festival - This event includes fireworks and a parade. Many local businesses hold competitions throughout the week, including a beard growing contest, joke off, hot wing eating contest, beer plunge, and many others. Along with the nearby town of Pagosa Springs, Durango also hosts the annual Music in the Mountains summer music festival, which features performances by many of the world's finest classical musicians.
- Durango's Main Avenue is home to clothing boutiques, restaurants, newsstands, tourist and gift shops, a mall, bars, lounges and other businesses. Many buildings downtown are several stories high and include apartments in the upper levels. Many specialty food restaurants including Mexican, Italian, French, Thai and Japanese and others serve American favorites.
The iconic Durango weather and magnificent alpine terrain will have you coming back for more! If you desire to live in our welcoming community, there is some fantastic Real Estate in Durango, Colorado. You’re certain to find your dream home here. What are you waiting for?
USDA Loan Durango, Colorado loan is considered to be a Rural Housing Loan program that is insured by the U.S. Department of Agriculture that gives home buyers a no down payment financing option in rural areas. A USDA loan can offer 0% down payment to qualified home buyers and allow the closing costs to be paid by the seller or financed in the loan. A USDA home loan can also offer the lowest interest rates of any other loans and will always have fixed interest rate. USDA loan can be used in suburbs, towns, and rural areas. Single family homes, condos, townhomes, and newly constructed houses can be included in a USDA Loan. Since the program began, over 2.7 million rural borrowers have become proud homeowners. One of our USDA Loan Durango agent to see what your choices are in regards to a USDA loan.